License, Title and Registration Update: Impact of the Pandemic
Throughout this pandemic, one area that has been greatly impacted is our Title and Registration department. Our License and Title teams’ priority is to ensure ongoing compliance for your entire fleet. You can read more about it here.
This update will discuss how recent events have impacted this area of the fleet management process. DMV’s have closed and different states having different laws. So our dedicated registration department has done everything possible to keep your cars on the road legally.
What has happened over the last four months…?
Very little think about something as exhaustive as the license, titles and registrations of a company’s vehicles during a pandemic. Since Union Leasing is a nationwide company, we’ve had to accommodate all the different laws, in all the different states. As each state is in its own unique situation because of the pandemic, its proven to be a challenging time.
Here is what we know:
- Some DMVs are re-opening across the country.
- Guidelines include limited capacity in buildings, shorter hours, masks and appointments only.
- New policies have been implemented, according to CDC regulations.
- States are back logged to process titles of vehicles.
- Inspection stations have remained closed.
- Priority is Registration expiration and Driver’s License expiration, other transactions delayed.
- Areas that have been severely impacted:
- Arizona are understaffed in their areas.
- At one point, Massachusetts ran out of commercial License Plates.
- West Virginia has wait times on renewals, gone from 1-2 weeks to 6-8.
If you have any questions on how any of these new regulations affect you and your companies’ vehicles, don’t hesitate to contact us.
What Union Leasing is doing…
Now for some good news.
Although we are facing these challenges, Union Leasing are here to help. We are working through the best ways to approach each individual situation for each individual customer. We are consistently looking for solutions. Furthermore, Union Leasing also has the capability to issue number plates and renew registrations in house for several states. These include states that may have even had DMV’s closed. The list of those states are below:
- Illinois (renew stickers only)
- New Jersey
- North Carolina
- Ohio (title vehicle only)
However, for those states we cannot handle in house, we leverage a network of tag agents throughout the United States. They have the capability to issue certain compliance from their offices, and we’ve seen quite remarkable turnaround time working with them.
Overall, our team has done a fantastic job adapting to our new normal. We have been obtaining license plates for customers in impossible situations. We’ve established a network of contacts to get things done as soon as possible.
Finally, and most importantly, our customers have witnessed a seamless transition from our department. We now work remotely to adhere to governmental guidelines.
In conclusion, we hope you found this information helpful. Please reach out with any questions.